Everyone who wants to do something about multiple sclerosis can fuel progress.
About this Program
The National MS Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
• More than 130,000 MS activists influence legislation that will change the world for people with MS.
• The Society actively works to improve access to affordable, quality healthcare for everyone with MS.
• The Society works to ensure that MS medications and the process for getting them are affordable, simple and transparent.
• In 2016, MS activists sent 36,000 messages to elected officials, made 400 visits to congressional offices on Capitol Hill, and attended 185 in-district meetings.
• Throughout 2016, MS activists helped pass 56 bills in state legislatures across the country — leading to increased MS research, access to quality care, disability rights, long-term care supports and services, and more.
• MS activists have helped secure $40 million in MS research funding through the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program since 2009.
The Society is united in a collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever.